Over half a century has passed since the creation of the company Evert Ross. The company Evert Ross was founded in 1952, became Evert Ross & associates in 1956, then Ross-Finlay in 1958, followed by Ross-Finlay 2000 in 1997 and finally Promec Mining in 2010.
Promec Mining Inc., with their head office in Val-d’Or constitutes a great pride for the entire Abitibi-Témiscamingue mining region. Its reputation exceeds the Abitibi-Témiscamingue boundaries, even the province’s boundaries.
Promec Mining Inc. has forged a solid reputation thanks to its expertise, its specialized services its resort to fine point technologies, without forgetting its strongest asset for success: a highly qualified manpower. Promec Mining Inc. is a major employer of the Val-d’Or area and an enterprise that has greatly contributed to the mining sector development of this region.
An impressive list of satisfied clients is the eloquent testimony of the confidence that is given to us. Over time, Promec Mining Inc. has diversified its services offered in order to meet the specific needs of its ever growing list of clients.
Promec Mining Inc. is an associate of the Promec Group. This association combines the expertise of Construction Promec Inc and ADRIA Manufacture Inc with the mining expertise of Promec Mining Inc.
Construction Promec has acquired through the years specialized skills in various fields: mining, petro chemistry, metallurgy, timber industry, pulp and paper, public utilities and hydroelectricity. It has all the experience and maturity required to offer services in the following sectors: electricity, piping, industrial mechanics, power substations and lines and public utilities.
ADRIA Manufacture Inc. designs and fabricates industrial electrical equipment. They strive at becoming and remaining a leader on that market. They demand the best from their suppliers in order to deliver the best possible product.
Promec Mining Inc. offers, amongst others, the following services :
- Surface infrastructure
- Surface collaring
- New shaft from surface (cemented or timbered)
- Underground winze
- Re-sinking of existing shaft
- Shaft rehabilitation
- Installation of service piping
- Installation of electrical wiring
Lateral work development
- Fully mechanized drifting
- Semi-mechanized drifting
- Conventional trackless drifting
- Conventional track drifting
- Conventional sub-drifting
- Excavation rehabilitation
- Lunchrooms, Powder magazines, etc.
Vertical work development
- Mechanized raising (raise climber)
- Conventional raising (half-timbered)
- Conventional stoping
- Semi-mechanized stoping
- Mechanised stoping
- Long hole stoping
- Surface buildings
- Electrical installations
- Underground infrastructures – shaft
- Underground infrastructures – muck
- Underground infrastructures – safety
- Technical feasibility study
- Pre-feasibility study
- Project management
- Mine design
- Methods of extraction
- Mine production
- On site mechanical repairs
- Regular equipment maintenance
- Custom fabrication
- Complete equipment overhauls
Health / safety and training services
- Safety programs
- Policies and standards
- Work procedures
- Safety activities follow-up program
- Safety Audits
- Emergency Preparedness procedures
- Training programs