The company was founded in Val-d’Or in 1952 by Mister Evert Ross, a Swedish immigrant. At the time, it was specialized in shaft sinking. The company’s name was Evert Ross. In 1956, Mister George William Finlay joins Evert Ross as a junior Partner. The new company becomes Evert Ross and Associates Ltd and diversifies into mine services. In 1968, George William Finlay and a group of junior share holders acquire the company to form Ross-Finlay.
In 1984, Mister Blair Morton, who had joined the company in 1968 as a supervisor, acquires enough shares to become the majority shareholder and with a group of junior shareholders, purchases the company. Mister George William Finlay decides to retire at that point. In 1989, Société minière Espalau purchases Ross-Finlay. In 1997, Société minière Espalau sells its shares to a tripartite group formed of one part of a group of forty employees, one part of Gestion BFM and one part of Fond de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec. The new company is then named Ross-Finlay 2000.
In 2010, Construction Promec Inc. associated with two local investors, Jos Deschenes and Harold Boulanger, acquires the company. The name Entrepreneur minier Promec Inc. is then adopted.